Day Trip to Yummy Cafes in Naufrage, Georgetown, and Montague

On a grey drizzly day, we took a little day trip to the East part of the island. I had picked a few local cafes I wanted to visit, as well as one provincial park. We did a bit of a loop around the top part of the eastern coast of PEI. 


Red Point Provincial Park

From Charlottetown, we traveled to Naufrage, on the Gulf of St Lawrence side. We stopped at Shipwreck Point Cafe for a shared appetizer of deep fried veggies, which were made with a delicious breading and didn't taste "deep fried" at all, and hot tea. This cafe was cozy, friendly and we had a nice chat with one of the wharf hands.  


Lupines everywhere! The Shipwreck Point Cafe is on the left. 




The Naufrage Harbour and Beach is a quiet but beautiful area. I enjoyed watching the fishing boats arrive in the harbour to drop off their catch of the day. 


Fishing Boat Coming In the Harbour


Beach at Naufrage

After Naufrage, we crossed to Red Point and visited the Red Point Provincial Park. I had wanted to visit this place for the red rocks there! The beach goes on forever and has super soft sand! This provincial park has a campground, it would be a beautiful quiet place to camp. 








From Red Point, we drove to Georgetown. The Maroon Pig is an art gallery and sweet shop. The sweets are made by Stacy, using local ingredients, while the art is created by her talented husband. We took a few delicious treats home to share! 



We walked around Georgetown a little too. It's a picturesque place and I was drawn to the harbour and the fishing huts (I think that is what they are...). 






Georgetown Harbour 

From Georgetown, we headed to Montague. I have been wanting to visit The Juice Box for a while now and finally did! It was perfect! Fresh sandwiches made to order with tasty smoothies. Yummy vegetarian food for me, and still choices for my carnivore husband. I really liked that I could choose everything from the bread, to the veggies, and sauces or spreads! The little salad that accompanied my sandwich was super tasty too. 


The Juice Box in Montague

I love stopping at local restaurants and especially small cafes! These three were each wonderful in their own way. I can't wait to explore more of our little island this summer! 

If you would like to see more of our adventures on the island, check out this Exploring Prince Edward Island page. 

Comments

  1. Beautiful, beautiful pictures! I need to get out exploring again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Georgetown looks so beautiful. Love that you included that café/snack stops too - makes me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It always amazes me that I have lived on this island
    my whole life and yet
    there are so many places I have not been.
    Now i want to plan a daytrip!!
    :)
    and...I'm hungry...those sandwiches looked good!
    heehee

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment