The Splendid Sampler ~ Blocks 7 to 12



The Splendid Sampler is a sew-along hosted by Pat Sloan and Jane Davidson. It is a free project, all the details can be found at The Splendid Sampler. The sampler will have one hundred 6 inch blocks when it is finished. It just started on Valentine's Day. Pat and Jane invited 83 designers to submit block designs, and these designers are also doing the sew along! There will be different techniques used throughout. 

I have been having a lot of fun working on each block. I am not sure I will include each block in my final sampler quilt, but the majority I know that I will! Most importantly, each block is a great opportunity to try new techniques. 

Block 7 "Snug as a Bug"  

Block 8  "Friends Around the Square"

Block 9 "Local Quilt Shop" 


Block 10 "Iowa"


Block 11 "Crocheted Thoughts (minus the crochet part for me!)

Block 12 "Checkerboard"

Check out all the blocks with instructions at The Splendid Sampler. 

Comments