Create Now! A Systematic Guide to Artistic Audacity ~ Book Review



If you have ever wished for a guide book that would walk you step by step through the process of any creative project, all the way to potentially selling your creations, this little book could be the answer. Reading this book felt like having a mentor, helping me figure out where to go next and giving me suggestions when I didn't feel great about my creations. 

Through a series of questions and answers, Create Now!, written by Marlo Johnson, guides the reader with encouragement and practical steps. For example, here is the very first step:

Step 1: Do you have any basic physical needs to take care of at this moment? 

a. No. I feel great! 
b. I could be better.
c. I feel horrible! 

Instructions

a. Fantastic! Move on to Step 2. 
b. Do you need food, hydration, sleep, coffee, exercise, or something else? Fix what you can and then move on to step 2. 
c. Perhaps you have more important things to deal with right now. Take care of whatever needs you can and then start over when you're feeling better. 

Create Now! is divided into 4 phases. Phase 1 is "becoming a clear conduit", phase 2 "creating and completion", phase 3 "sharing your work", and phase 4 "receiving payment". 

As a small Etsy shop owner, this book has been very helpful already to me as I read through all the phases! Create Now! would be helpful to anyone who wants to be more creative and inspired in what they do. I am keeping my copy on my work table, right near the sewing machine!

You can find Create Now! by Marlo Johnson at:
Indigo.ca
Amazon.ca 


Disclosure: I received a copy of this book for review from Raincoast Books. All opinions expressed are completely honest and my own, based on our personal experience. Your experience may differ. 

Comments