Gold Cup and Saucer Parade, Charlottetown :: Part One


We went to see The Gold Cup and Saucer Parade.
Since we just moved here, this was our first time. 
What a parade! No candy was given but it was a great show. 
The floats were very well done, and it was almost two hours long!

The Gold Cup and Saucer Parade is 
the largest street parade in Atlantic Canada. 
You can read more about it here

I took over 300 photos, I won't post them all but
I will share a few of my favourites over two or three posts. 





The theme was "Bringing the Farm to the City" 
and all the floats followed that theme. 


The Charlottetown Water and Sewer Utilities 
was represented by the cart above. 

Jared Connaughton was there!! 
He had just come back from competing
in the 2012 London Olympics! 
And as Andre said..look he waved at me! 




I really liked seeing all these old trucks, 
this milk and cream delivery truck came from Halifax!


As a quilter, I thought this was amazing. 
What team work! I might have to look up
information on that guild...


More parade photos to come soon! 

Comments