My Art Journal ~ Watercolour Mandala, Peace Sign, and Celeste's Poem

I continue to play in my art journal, lately with watercolours. I still look at the weekly prompts from the documented art project but I haven't followed the suggestions much this year. I am still very grateful for that project because, without it I would not be picking up my journal to add art pages to it! 

Instead of following the prompts, I look for inspiration around me, and that I collect on my Pinterest Journal Inspiration board

Celeste has been writing poems for the last couple of months, for herself, for fun (thanks to Brave Writer!). She reads them to me after she is done writing. I am so happy for her and proud. She is my late bloomer when it comes to writing, but she has found joy in the process! 

One particular poem, she suggested I do an art page with it for my journal. So I did. I painted a simple sun and wrote her poem on top. 




Two other pages were completed since my last update

One I was inspired by a tattoo design I saw on Pinterest




The other page was also done in watercolour paints, and inspired by a mandala I saw on Pinterest too. 


I love seeing the art through my journal every day. I use this for my appointments and reminders so it is always with me and on my desk! It makes me happy :)


Comments