Cooking on a Rainy Day



Princess likes to help me cook. She gets right into it. I can always count on her dragging her chair over to see whatever I might be doing in the kitchen. I don't mind at all! Today was a rainy day, so I decided to make a soup.

Fairy and I like this lentil soup. I have been making it for the last few years, it is usually perfect on a winter day, or a rainy day like today.

Here is the recipe:

1 Tablespoon of oil (I use grape seed oil)
1 Leek chopped finely
1 cup of turnip grated
2 carrots grated
1 parsnip grated
3 potatoes cut up in small cubes
1 cup orange lentils
4 cups chicken, vegetable stock or water. enough to cover everything

In large saucepan add 1 tablespoon of oil and heat
Add leeks and stir for 2 minutes on medium heat
Add the stock or water
Add all the other vegetables
Add lentils
Cook until all the vegetables are soft
I then puree everything with a hand blender, right in the pot. Add salt and pepper as desired.

Comments

  1. That looks so GOOD!! Have to go shopping now and make some.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment