Something for Me

A couple of weeks ago, I noticed that a local sports store was offering an eight week learn-to-run class, and I joined it. I have been wanting to get back into running for the last four years, and I have tried on my own, here and there...but nothing consistent. I am determined to get back into it completely this time, and I think it will be easier with a group! When I first started to run four years ago, it was with a Running Room learn-to-run clinic too...and it worked! So I am optimistic.
At the end of the eight weeks, we will be running a local 5K race, that is happening during a festival. Should be lots of fun!

Why is my picture showing 2 pairs of running shoes? Well, Fairy also wants to learn to run. I didn't sign her up for the actual class, but she will come along every day, or every other day when I am doing my training. This week we start with a 5mn warm up walk, then we repeat the following patern 10 times : 1 mn run, 2 mn walk.

Comments

  1. I have been trying out a bit of running while the kids are biking. I am going to try your training and see how it goes.
    I would love to see what comes next in the training sessions. Have fun, and good luck.
    michelle

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment