Language Arts

I have been working on our plan for this coming school year over the summer. Here is what I have so far for language arts.
For Princess, who is just 4, we are starting very slowly and keeping it fun and interesting.
She will be slowly learning how to write letters, recognize numbers, etc...but it will not be "forced" on her. Her education will follow more of the "un schooling" method, at least for now!


I will be using a book called "Picture Book Activities" by Trish Kuffner as a guide. It has many ideas for simple games and activities based on many children's books.
For teaching how to read, I chose "The Ordinary Parent's Guide to Teaching Reading" by Jessie Wise. I will be ready when she is! (book and cd in top left corner on the picture below)


For Fairy, we are starting Growing with Grammar. I have looked at this most of last year, and decided to give it a try. We will also use the Story Starters by Karen Andreola for writing practice.
Dragon will be using Learning Language Arts Through Literature, Orange Level at his request. We were given this curriculum and he showed interested in the format. It includes all the language arts in one, spelling, handwriting, grammar, reading...
I will be adding on the left side of the blog links to all these resources/curriculum shortly.

Comments