Novel writing challenge starts today!


I had decided to stay up last night until midnight to start NaNoWriMo, but I didn't make it...I ran in the afternoon, my longest distance so far (12km) and was too tired to make it past 10pm!

This morning, after answering countless times "no, you can't have candy for breakfast", I found a little bit of time to myself. I did give in to the candy after their breakfast! The kids had a few friends over, so I wasn't sure how that would go but I sat down at the computer, looked over my ideas that I had written out in October, and started typing. I had noticed that I could do a word count on the word processor I am using. So after a while, curiosity got the better of me and I clicked on word count...2437 words! Wow! It didn't seem that bad!

Then after lunch, the kids asked to go and play outside with their friends...geez...that was a tough decision! Yes! Go ahead! They need to work out all that sugar anyway, and it's a beautiful day. And I need to take these moments when they come...so back to my desk I went and now my word count is at 4254!
One thing I found interesting is that even though I had a rough idea of the story I was creating, putting the words on paper has changed the story along the way a little bit, and that is what I find interesting, seeing the story unfold right before my eyes. It is only the first day, but I am really enjoying this. I will let you know if I still feel the same way by the end of the month!

Comments

  1. Wow! And I was pleased with my now measly sounding 1588 words this morning. You are really off to a great start. I totally understand what you mean about seeing a story change as you write. I had an idea in my head but it's coming out a little different, but it's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job!! Sounds like you have found your thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I do enjoy writing..but it doesn't mean it's good, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment