100 books-a-month challenge ~ a start on january



I have made some changes on how I record the books we read. I sort them by the reader, and you can see the headers for each below. I also added the reading that we do for our regular homeschool lessons, something I wasn't logging before, along with the chapters/pages read so far in the current novel that I read aloud to the kids.
We are continuing with our chart on our fridge to keep track of our progress visually. We also started reading a few picture books by "A" authors, following the Reading My Library challenge, but I will talk about that a bit more in a future post.
Here is our list so far:

100 books a month challenge ~ January 2010


Andre:
Polly and the Pirates by Ted Naifeh - Graphic Novel
Macbeth by William Shakespeare - retold by S. Haynes - Graphic Novel

Adrienne:
The Princess and the Painter by Jane Johnson - Picture Book
Charlotte in New York by Joan MacPhail Knight
Charlotte in Giverny by Joan MacPhail Knight

Read Aloud Picture Books:
Happy Birthday, Moon by Frank Asch
Moondance by Frank Asch
My Many Colored Days by Dr. Seuss
Quiet in the Garden by Aliki
An Egg is Quiet by Dianna Aston
To The Beach! By Linda Ashman
The Tailor of Gloucester by Beatrix Potter
Roar of a Snore by Marsha Diane Arnold
The Serpent Came to Gloucester by M.T. Anderson
Me, All Alone, at the End of the World by M.T. Anderson

Read Aloud Non-Fiction Books:
Read Crystals (p20-21) and Metal Marvels (p28-29) in Mysteries and Marvels of Science (for our science studies)

Read Aloud Novels (Chapter Books):

First 10 chapters of The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan (Percy Jackson & The Olympians series)
Chapter V to IX of The Trumpeter of Krakow (part of Adrienne’s history)

Mom:
Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

I am not quite sure how I should count now these books...16 actual books read, and then the chapters read in the novels and science books..
You can visit other participants in this fun challenge at home-grown love.

Comments

  1. Hi Alex!
    You all are starting out good. I'm putting together out visual chart today. Once we finish with this latest group of books from our library, we'll get into the actual A-Z organization of things and select 'A' authors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to record the books according to reader! Good idea to include your learning related reading too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas. I realized after the first week that I needed to change it the next week and show who is reading what. Isn't it interesting how we start something and it evolves? I like the idea of adding what we read for our lessons. Isn't it inspirational to read children's literature as an adult. There is so much more to see and learn.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment