Butternut Squash Soup...and Celeste's Favourite Pasta



Butternut Squash Soup is not Celeste's Favourite...I will get to that in a minute. This beautiful orange soup is the soup I made in my slow-cooker, following the recipe from A Year of Slow Cooking blog. I didn't add any of the spices this time, so all it is is butternut squash, apples, onions and chicken broth. It turned out delicious!



Celeste's favourite is pesto pasta. She could eat this every single meal. She has been known to even eat it cold for breakfast!
I make the pesto by blending in a little mixer about 5-6 fresh basil leaves, 2 fresh garlic cloves, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, and 1/2 olive oil.  I always taste it, adjust the measurements if needed, and then refrigerate the sauce for a couple of hours before dinner or lunch. I take it out at the same time that I start boiling the pasta, then when the noodles are ready, I just mix a couple of big spoonfuls of sauce in and voila! Pesto Pasta!




Comments

  1. well i am totally with celeste on this one! i could (and have!) eaten it cold for breakfast too! one of my favorites! i add a little lemon juice and hot pepper flakes to mine so yummy! hey...celeste should make pesto pizza...just use the pesto sauce instead of tomato sauce and add the cheese and any toppings...my fave is sun dried tomatoes! I'm crock pot obsessed as well...potato leek soup tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment