sweet potato chili ....


before cooking

Sweet Potato Chili...so delicious and so easy to make. I really love my crockpot, it makes life so much easier. I can prepare everything in the morning, while the kids are doing their independent school work and all day long dinner is simmering away while we are busy enjoying ourselves!
This recipe comes from the Year of Slow Cooking blog. I will be trying a few more recipes from there over the next couple of weeks, mostly soups. This was my first try, and I was very impressed by the taste and texture. Sweet potatoes, red kidney beans, tomatoes, red peppers, onions and garlic, along with a few spices (paprika and chili powder). This would work for a vegetarian, actually a vegan, if you don't add cheese to it when serving it.

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you liked this! We really enjoyed it, too.

    xox steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, going to make that tomorrow!! I love my crockpot too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment