52 books :: book 10 :: The Graveyard Book



The Graveyard Book written by Neil Gaiman took me a little longer than 1 week to read. I didn't enjoy the book very much until the end. I think the idea behind the story is good, but the beginning and middle of the book were a bit slow. The story is about a boy, Nobody Owens (Bod for short), whose family is murdered at the beginning of the story, when he is only a toddler. He ends up at the graveyard and is taken in and raised by the ghosts there. He needs to stay at the graveyard because the man that killed his family is still looking for him.

I chose this book because I wanted to try a science fiction fantasy Hugo Winner. The Graveyard Book won in 2009.

Books read : 9/52
Pages read: 3560
Next book: Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris
Check out what others are reading here.

Comments