52 books :: book 19 :: Grave Surprise

Grave Surprise by Charlaine Harris is the second book in the Harper Connelly series. I read the first one not long ago, and even though I didn't enjoy it as much as her Sookie Stackhouse series, I still was willing to read another one.
Harper and her brother Tolliver, who is not her biological brother (seems like the story is taking a turn a bit there...romance with her "brother" in the future?? weird..), are on another job visiting an old cemetery near a university. She is there at the request of a professor to "show" her talent of  finding dead people and their cause of death.  Harper ends up finding the dead body of a missing little girl that she had been trying to locate a while back. The missing girl's body was thrown in an already occupied grave and the mystery of how it got there and also who killed her is the main story of this book.
The story was good, and I finished the book in two days..but again, not sure if I really like this series, but since the library still doesn't have Sookie Stackhouse #3 ready for me, I will keep on reading more from this series. For now, my next choice brings me back to reality...

Books read: 19/52
Pages read:  5832
Next book: Dumbing Us Down: The Hidden Curriculum of Compulsory Schooling by John Taylor Gatto

Comments