Book Sharing Monday :: Riddle Me This!



Riddle Me This! Riddles and Stories to Challenge Your Mind retold by Hugh Lupton and illustrated by Sophie Fatus has been a favourite at our house for the last few days. Andre was quizzing his Nana during her visit here with many riddles from this book. He also read most of the stories found in this book and told me it would make a great book for my Book Sharing Monday.

I haven't read the stories myself, but have heard many of the riddles and they are all challenging, but fun!

Here is one of Andre's favourites:

Brothers and sisters I have none,
But that man's father is my father's son.
Who is he?
...my son!

Here is one I liked:

What sits in the corner and tavels around the world?
...a stamp!

There are six stories in this book too, most folktales from different parts of the world.

This is a book from our own library that I have pulled out and set on our coffee table, and now we are all enjoying it again.

If you are participating in Book Sharing Monday, don't forget to add your link to your post below in the Mr. Linky box. Thank you!


Comments