52 fridays and BAM ~ week 30

black and white self 30







pop art self 30


Played around with two photos today for the self portrait assignment. A little black & white, and a pop art look. I like the orange and yellow in the pop art.
Why do I take these self portraits? It's like a little date with me every friday morning. I prefer to keep the photos as natural as I can, but also like to play around with picnik or the big huge labs tools. It's so easy as a mother to forget to look in the mirror, to take time for ourselves. I am always taking photos of my children, my pets, or even my vegetable garden! This year has been different. I am more accepting of my flaws and the way I look. I am pushing myself to try new things (like the belly love shot last week).
I am always learning, learning to accept what I look like and love myself a little more. It's a journey.

Comments

  1. I love them both, the pop art is fantastic, great colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics :) The pop art is a fun look. I think this is a great project, a wonderful journey to undertake.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment