52 books :: book 43 :: The Pelee Project

The Pelee Project: One Woman's Escape from Urban Madness is written by Jane Christmas. I found this book by chance while searching the library catalogue for simple living stories. I thought I would give it a try since Pelee Island isn't too far from me.

The inside jacket of the book does a great job at describing this story, so I am just going to share a part of that :
"What happens when an exhausted working single mother leaves her life of 24-hour grocery stores, 12-hour work days, three-hour commutes, and retreats to a tiny Canadian island?"

This book did remind me a tiny little bit of Eat Pray Love, in that it tells the story of a woman that drastically makes a change in her daily life. Jane Christmas spent a 3-month sabbatical on Pelee Island in the winter and writes about her experiences.

I didn't love this book, but it was enjoyable enough to finish reading it.

Books read: 43/52
Next book: Theodore Boone Kid Lawyer by John Grisham.

Comments