NaNoWriMo ~ Third Round!


I have decided to participate again in NaNoWriMo.
This will be my third year.
I have 1 win, and 1 "not-win".

NaNoWriMo is a novel writing challenge, open to anyone.
Writing 50,000 words in one month is a big challenge,
but I like to be positive
 and believe that I can do it again.
I did it once already, right?

I can see the difference between 2008 (win) and 2009 (not win).
Last year, I didn't have a plan, didn't even have an idea of what to write. 
With NaNoWriMo, you are not allowed to start writing until November 1st,
but you can get some ideas in your mind, what type of novel you will write, who you are writing for. The first year I participated I had a plan in place, I knew I was going to write a fantasy story for young readers, a story that my two older children could read. I had a rough idea of my main characters before I started. I think just knowing what direction I was taking was a big help for me, even if the novel did take its own path once I started writing!

This year, when I was trying to decide if I was taking on this challenge or not, I asked myself what I would write about?
After about an hour of thinking about it,
I had come up with a rough idea.
I know what my plan is.
I don't know any specific details or even characters,
but I have an idea. I hope that will make a difference!

If you are interested in NaNoWriMo, you can still sign up 
by visiting the site. The challenge starts
November 1st. 


Comments

Post a Comment