Six litres


From the turkey we had at Thanksgiving, I was able to get six litres of turkey broth. I love making turkey broth, it is so simple to make!
I put the whole carcass in a big stock pot, the vegetables (carrots, celery, onions, garlic) that the turkey cooked on, and water enough to cover everything.
Once the broth has simmered for a few hours, I strain it, pulling out all the bones and vegetables. I then transfer the broth into a large bowl and put it in the fridge. By the next day, the fat has gone up to the surface and I can easily scoup it out.
I divide the broth and pour it in containers which I freeze, and use the broth as base for the various vegetables soups I like to make. Yum!

Comments

  1. Mmmmmm....yummi! I do that with chicken ;) But I have never made that much in one go - maybe because chickens are not as big as turkeys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why haven't I done this? Why I haven't I known of this blog before?! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment