November and Evolution...

Maybe it is because of NaNoWriMo. I remember feeling this way in 2008 and last year too, for a little bit. November feels like a time for change, or evolution. I have spent the last three days at my new laptop (thanks to my mother-in-law who passed her "old" one to us), writing away for NaNo, watching my children doing the same, and pausing often to think.



I have taken long walks with my dog and listened to music and podcasts. I also have taken the time over this past week to research different things for my novel.

A lot of pausing, thinking, writing, more thinking...which leads me to think of our family, my children, our lives. 
Which leads me to evaluate, which usually leads me to evolve. I guess you could say I am not good with the status-quo. Or maybe I am always questioning everything.



I am always learning, trying something different or new, evolving. I like it that way, I can't imagine doing the same thing again and again, every day for years on end. Even when I find something I love, like photography, quilting, even homeschooling, I am always wanting to try something different, learn a different technique, try something new. Evolving..trying to work out something better if it's needed. Assessing what works and what doesn't. Always changing. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Comments