Wheat-free chocolate chip cookies...mmm

I guess this cookie would fall into the category "good for them", but I did have a couple myself. The sugar (3/4 cup in total) is a little high, but it's not an overwhelming sweet cookie. And it has ground flaxseeds, so that means it's good for you...right?!!

It has oat flour, which I didn't have but made from pulling out my little food processor and blending some regular oats for a couple of minutes.


These cookies were super easy to make and came out with a nice combination of crunchy and soft.

I found the recipe in Veganomicon (I talked about this book briefly here). You see all those little pieces of paper at the top of the book, they are marking all the recipes I would like to try out!

This book is great! I love all the tips throughout and all the variations they give along their recipes. Each recipe has a symbol that lets you know if it is soy free, gluten free, low fat, under 45 minutes, and supermarket friendly.


I can't wait to try more recipes from this book! I have marked the Butternut Squash and Pumpkin Seed Rice Paper Rolls, the Broccoli-Millet Croquettes, and the White Bean Aioli in the Snacks and Appetizers section, which is the first recipe section. I am putting this book on my wish list at amazon! I haven't been too excited about cooking for the last few months, but this got my attention again and I am looking forward to trying some new meals!

Comments