52 books :: Book 4 :: The Hunger Games


The Hunger Games has been on my to-read list for a little while. I finally decided to request the first in the trilogy from the library. I started this book and right away got emerged in the story of this young girl that volunteers herself in the place of her younger sister to go to the hunger games. The games are a sort of punishment, a yearly reminder to the nation to not go against the Capitol. They are televised and the participants compete against each other to the death in a man-made arena. The arena is more like its own little world, filled with different landscapes, animals, etc.. I enjoy stories of survival and set in a natural environment. The descriptions of the different settings, the clothing, the various foods and especially the feelings that Katniss goes through made this book a page-turner for me. I couldn't wait to see what would happen next.

I found an interesting interview of the author about where she found her idea for this trilogy:


 
 
 




There is some talk about this book coming out as a movie by Lionsgate..I hope to be able to read the other two books before that happens!


Books read 4:52

Comments