52 books :: Update!

I haven't posted about the books I have read since Book 9 (Mockinjay). I have been reading, not as much as I would like, but still reading regularly.

Here is a list of the books I read since Mockinjay:

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte - I enjoyed this classic very much. I wanted to read it before I saw this movie version, but it wasn't available in my region to see at the theatres..I will wait for DVD!

Peter and the Sword of Mercy by Dave Barry - I read this one aloud to my kids. This is the fourth book in the series that started as a trilogy. We enjoyed this one just as much as the other ones!

The Giver by Lois Lowry - this one was a quick read, interesting but didn't feel like it was long enough.

The Help by Kathryn Stockett - I enjoyed this book once I got confortable with the dialect! It was a great story. I read this one because the movie will be released later this summer. I am looking forward to it and hope they kept close to the book.

The Red Tent by Anita Diamant - I really didn't enjoy this one. I read it because the title kept coming up in lists and conversations. I finished it to see if it would get better, but no, I didn't even like the ending.

I am also reading a Charlotte Mason Companion by Karen Andreola but I am not trying to finish it in just one week. I am taking my time with this one, digesting little bits at a time!

Comments

  1. Good for you! I am about 7 books behind at the moment. I knew I would get behind, but I am still reading more than I might otherwise. I also want to read The Help. I didn't realize that it was coming out as a movie. I better read it soon.

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment