Fungi on the Trail

We had found some fungi while we went on our nature trail walk a couple of weeks ago. I have searched for a guide or an internet link that would help me identify these particular fungi that we saw, but without success. 

This one below, was puffy and had darker orange at the top. It was stuck to the tree trunk and was the only one there that we saw. 



We think this one in the photo below is a type of bracket fungi.



This orange fungus was on the wood bench on the trail. 


I would love to be able to identify these, so if you can help, please leave me a comment. Thank you! 

This post is linked to the Outdoor Hour Challenge Blog Carnival hosted by Barb at Handbook of Nature Study. Celeste and I had a wonderful time following Barb's suggestions for studying nature this month. We are both looking forward to next month, hopefully spring will come to the island soon! 


Comments

  1. What a magnificent fungus! I think it is a polypore...perhaps a red-belted? http://thenatureniche.com/2012/01/06/red-belted-polypore/

    The other one on the bench, we have that too on our deck railing where it is decaying. Not sure what it is thought.

    I love seeing your images. Thanks so much for sharing your study with the carnival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful specimens! Did you link to Project Noah?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment