The 2013 Gold Cup and Saucer Parade

The Gold Cup and Saucer Parade in Charlottetown is huge! It is practically a holiday here, some businesses and public services even close down for the day. It feels like the whole town comes out to see the parade. I think it's wonderful to see so many enjoying the parade. 

According to the parade's website, the parade started in 1962 and has been held every year since then. Adrienne and I watched the parade last year, shortly after moving to the island. This year, Celeste and Andre came with me to the parade, while Adrienne is still at camp. Our friends joined us too! 

Here are some of our favourites from this morning. The theme this year was "parade of heroes". 








There was so much more! It really was an awesome parade.

If you want to see photos from last year's parade, check these posts:

Gold Cup and Saucer Parade :: Part One
Gold Cup and Saucer Parade :: Part Two
Gold Cup and Saucer Parade :: Part Three

Comments

  1. Oh, wow, now I'm wishing I'd made the effort and gone into town with dh yesterday morning. (It's a challenge to get 3 little boys ready in time to get out the door at 7:30...which is what I have to do if I want the car for the day.) My boys would have been SO excited about some of those floats. :) Oh well...next year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment