Window Nature Study :: Autumn ~ September


The September Grid in September's Handbook of Nature Study Newsletter included several suggestions for activities. 

We completed only a few this month. The fall colours aren't here yet, the leaves have just started to turn only a tiny bit. We will continue to use the grid next month. 

One activity we decided to do and hope to continue each season, or maybe each month is the window nature study. Barb wrote in the grid:

"Pick a window to look out in each season. What is fall looking like this month?" 

We chose the front window mainly because it is the only one without a screen on. This window has a good view of the linden tree. It hasn't changed much since the summer months, it still is full of green leaves. We also can see the grass and a bit of our front garden plants in the pots. The begonia is in full bloom again after having a not-so-good summer. 


I am linking this post to the Outdoor Hour Challenge Carnival hosted by Barb at Handbook of Nature Study. 





Comments

  1. I like this project. I can't wait to see the changes in that big tree! I was doing something called 100 different views through my bedroom window. I'm 10% there. I keep forgetting to take a picture of the different happenings that go on outside my bedroom window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are watching our window change this month...I think once autumn really starts in full force things will change fast. Thanks for sharing your window with the blog carnival.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment