We went geocaching today for a couple of hours at Victoria Park, in the forest area. We looked for several caches but only found one.
Even though we didn't find all the caches we were looking for, it was still fun. Walking through the forest, looking for the caches, playing in the snow, and checking out animal tracks and nature along the way made for a great afternoon.
An afternoon spent together in nature is always a good choice!
My son enjoys running through the snow and also relaxing in it...
If you are interested in geocaching in the winter, the geocaching blog has some great tips. I would add, especially if geocaching with children:
- be sure to be properly dressed for the weather
- plan your route ahead of time
- keep safety in mind at all times - snow covered obstacles, icy spots...
- keep to a reasonable amount of time based on your children's ages
- plan for hot drinks and yummy snacks when you get home
- have fun!