Journey North Mystery Class :: Weeks 1 to 3


Journey North Mystery Class has started! This is our 7th year participating. 

We completed the third week's charts and divided the locations into Northern Hemisphere and Southern Hemisphere locations. We included our location (bright green in the Northern Hemisphere column). 

The locations are equally divided this year between Northern and Southern Hemispheres. 

This was confirmed by this past week's image of the week of the close up of a caribou: 


We thought that was really a neat photo and the information that went with it was interesting too! 

"I am Rangifer tarandus. It's winter here and the days are so short that I don't see sunlight for months. I am the only mammal whose eyes are known to change color in response to the seasons. A reflective layer behind my retinas changes from gold in the summer to blue in the winter. This change in color helps my eyes capture more light during the dark winter months at my extreme latitude." from Journey North Mystery Class.

If you are interested in this activity, check out this link for more information on how to participate or you can visit my post "Journey North Mystery Class ~How to get started".


Comments