A New Quilt Project



My new quilt project has an old lady name but I really like the design of the block. I should find another name for it! Anyway, I started this last weekend. I wanted to use my scraps of fabric along with a grey fabric. I found two grey-ish fabrics I liked and started working. 

I am planning on making this into a queen size quilt for our bedroom. I am hoping to work on this project more this long weekend. My favourite block so far is the one at the start of this post. 





I used the tutorial for this granny square block from Blue Elephant Stitches. Tamara from ducky house and I chatted about making this a quilt-along. 

We have been listening to Happy a lot, still. None of us are tired of the song yet...We put the 24 hour video on our computer and let it play as background music. It just so happy! 

I am linking this post to the weekly Make & Listen hosted by Dawn at Simple Things Notebook. 

Comments

  1. I just adore the song Happy. And your quilt blocks are so bright and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These are so nice! I have yet to try quilting and you make it look so easy - but I doubt it's that easy! I think my favourite one is the with the birds that is second to last here. Do you hand sew or machine? I do want to try a quilt for each of the boys but I think it will be rectangles in a row. Nice and easy machine sewing! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment