Documented Life Project ~ Weeks 30 & 31



I have been busy enjoying summer so much these last couple of weeks that I didn't work on my weekly journal pages so I made last night an art night for me! 

The prompt for the Documented Life Project week 31 was to add a pocket and fill it with full of your week's treasure. 

I was in the mood to do a mandala and chose one for inspiration on my Pinterest board. When I started I wasn't quite sure how I would add a pocket but it all worked out in the end. I made a little pocket from a book page and did a little doodling on it. I used school note paper to add a list of my recent "happy moments" and tucked that in the pocket. The mandala and doodle are painted with watercolour and outlined with bic mark it permanent marker. 


I really love this page, even if my black background painting isn't perfect..The whole process of drawing a mandala is so relaxing and peaceful. 

Week 30's prompt was to add receipts, labels, business cards - smash book style! 



This was another fun page to work on. I first painted the background a bright yellow with acrylic paint. I printed a few photos from my instagram. I used a bit of a PEI map, part of a Celebration Zone schedule, and Farmers' Market logo. Some washi tape and a few labels, plus two cards that serve as flaps completed the page. 


These two pages were a lot of fun to work on! Check out all the prompts at Documented Life Project



Comments