Documented Life Project ~ Week Five

Week five of the documented life project marks the last challenge with the January theme of "the blank page and how to face it". This week's prompts were under paper for the art challenge and what lies beneath? for the journal prompt. 

I loosely followed the prompts again this week. I used some of my under paper and also some ripped vintage dictionary paper pieces. 



I wanted to try drawing a mixed media girl. I searched for some tutorials and found this one by Claudia Rossi on Pinterest.  Faces are difficult to draw but it was another very enjoyable experience. 




I like seeing the difference between the start of the painting and the end result. I need a lot more practice, and some finer paint brushes! I will try more techniques over this year in my documented life project journal. 

I used watercolour paints on her face and some charcoal pencil. On her hair and background, I used acrylic paints. 





You can see all the the details for this week's documented life journal at Art to the 5th. 

Comments

  1. I love this!!!! She is wonderful and her blue hair is the best!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment