Lonely Planet: Nova Scotia, New Brunswick & Prince Edward Island ~ My Review

The Lonely Planet travel guides are well researched and written, filled with interesting information, they are a pleasure to read, help us dream and plan our vacations! 




Traveling doesn't always have to be to far away exotic locations. Discovering the province I live in and its close neighbours is one of my favourite thing to do. Day trips are all we have done since moving to Prince Edward Island and each has been a great adventure. 

The Nova Scotia, New Brunswick & Prince Edward Island Lonely Planet guide gives you an organized book to help plan your trip. 

The guide starts with a warm welcome and a great full colour double page map, followed by a super helpful Top 10, which includes lobster suppers and Green Gables! 




Quick suggestions (traveling with children or outdoor activities, itineraries, as well as month by month guides are all very helpful. 

I really appreciate the way the book is laid out. For each province, all the useful information, like when to go and how to get there, is at the beginning of each province's section. Each area featured includes sights, activities, tours, festivals, sleeping, eating, nightlife, entertainment, shopping...everything you might need is there! 



I've learned so much about these Atlantic provinces while reading this guide and I have added more places on my "to visit" list for this summer and beyond. 

There is one last section of the guide that is well worth reading: "Understand Nova Scotia, New Brunswick & Prince Edward Island". Learning more about the history, art, nature and more.

Travel guides can be a little dry at times, but not this one. I enjoyed reading it like a well written non-fiction book. 


Disclosure: I received a sample item for review from Raincoast Books. All opinions expressed are completely honest and my own, based on my personal experience. Your experience may differ. 


Comments