Write Here Write Now ~ Book Review




Write Here Write Now by Nicole LaRue and Naomi Davis Lee is like a great invitation to play with writing. Filled with simple yet adorable black and white drawings, there are many different types of fun writing activities. 

My daughter (11) and I did several together. The "Which do you like better, waffles or pancakes?" and the Stroke of Luck pages were a lot of fun. 



Celeste loves quizzes so she did "The Purrrfect Pet" right away and found out a dog is what she needs. Good thing we already have a dog! 



Write Here Write Now has many journaling pages too, like "It Speaks for Itself" which asks you to search out song lyrics that sing to you or the "Things I'm Lovin' " list for all the books, movies, songs, friends, slang, and fashion that you like right now. There is even a food journal, "Food for Thought" page. 



I particularly like the little coupon pages can be found throughout. These are really sweet. 



So many good things in this book that encourages the young writer to explore writing in a fun way, without realizing maybe that she is even writing. It helps too with thinking more about your dreams and who you are, through fun quizzes. I think it would make a nice gift to a tween or teenager, whether she (or he) enjoys writing or not. 



You can find Write Here Write Now by Nicole LaRue and Naomi Davis Lee at: Amazon.ca 

and check your local bookstore! 

Disclosure: I received a sample book for review from Raincoast Books. All opinions expressed are completely honest and my own, based on my personal experience. Your experience may differ. The amazon.ca link is an associate link. 
 

Comments

  1. What a great book! I think my boys would like this too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment