Nature Books To Read in 2016





As part of my Nature Study Goals for this year, I would like to read 10 nature related books, 10 books that I have not read before. 

First, I had a look at our own bookshelves and pulled a few books out that I will read or read again throughout the year. Some of these are in the photo above: The Nature Connection by Clare Walker Leslie, National Geographic Book of Nature Poetry (we will use for our Poetry Tea Time), Nature Notes of an Edwardian Lady, and Last Child in the Woods. 

I had a great time looking for some new titles for me to read, asking friends and looking online. As I found books that interested me, I checked our public library to see if they had each title. I might add some other titles or decide against a book once I start reading it. I do plan on doing a quick book review blog post each time I finish one. 

Here are the 10 new books I am planning on reading this year. {All book cover photos from Goodreads.}

Wicked Bugs: The Louse That Conquered Napoleon's Army & Other Diabolic Insects by Amy Stewart.




Wicked Plants: The Weed that Killed Lincoln's Mother & Other Botanical Atrocities by Amy Stewart.






Winter World by Bern Heinrich.




Natural Histories: Extraordinary Rare Book Selections from the American Museum of Natural History Library.




Dark Banquet: Blood and the Curious Lives of Blood-Feeding Creatures by Bill Schutt.




Wild Comfort: the Solace of Nature by Kathleen Dean Moore.




Nature Anatomy: The Curious Parts & Pieces of the Natural World by Julia Rothman.




Keeping a Nature Journal: Discover a Whole New of Seeing the World Around You by Clare Walker Leslie.





Any title by Sy Montgomery - maybe The Good Pig. I really enjoyed reading The Soul of an Octopus last year! 




A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson.





The Hopes of Snakes and Other Tales from the Urban Landscape by Lisa Couturier.



This should be a great year of reading! 



Comments

  1. We have Nature Anatomy and love it! (There are two others similar: Farm Anatomy by the same author and Animalium by Jenny Broom.) I'm intrigued by Wicked Bugs and Wicked Plants. I'll have to see if my library has either one. Thank you for sharing your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun list ... thanks for sharing! I'm going to add some of those to my TBR list.

    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks awesome! I've found myself reading some of these titles already. Now I have more great ideas! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment