Londontown by Susannah Conway ~ Book Review




If you have been reading my blog for a while and following me on social media, you might already know that I am a huge fan of Susannah Conway! I have participated in her yearly "Unraveling the Year Ahead", "August Break" and "December Reflections". As I read on her blog about her photo book about London, I knew I would have to get my hands on that book. 

This little book is truly a photo love letter to the city of London in England. First, I love the small square format. I imagine that it would be wonderful to bring along while exploring London, tucked in a backpack or tote bag! I am dreaming of the day I can do that, finding some of the locations photographed by Susannah, like a fun treasure hunt!



Londontown: A Photographic Tour of the City's Delights is divided into London's five main districts, North, South, East, West, and Central. Each area starts with a short introduction and is followed by many photos. Each photo is a snapshot in time, many have Londoners in them going on about their lives. There are so many interesting details that Susannah captured in this little book. It's a pleasure to look through. 





There is a very helpful "locations" list at the back of the book with each photo's information, their address and info for the underground, overground, or DLR. Each photo can be found with the page number. For example, I love the mosaic floor pictured on page 66-67, see photo below, I zoom to the locations pages at the end of the book, look for 66-67 which is in the South district and discover that the gorgeous mosaic floor belongs to Blue Mountain Cafe, at 18 North Cross Road, its postal code and how to get there I would need the East Dulwich Overground. 




Until I visit London, this little book will be a great companion to daydream, plan a future vacation, and do some "armchair traveling"! 

Londontown by Susannah Conway will be released May 3, 2016 at:
Amazon.ca
Indigo.ca 

Disclosure: I received a copy of Londontown for review from Raincoast Books. All opinions expressed are completely honest and my own, based on our personal experience. Your experience may differ. 

Comments