642 Things to Write About Me ~ Book Review
As someone that wants to explore writing more, through my blog or with while editing a NaNoWriMo story I wrote 8 years ago, the 642 Things to Write About Me by the San Francisco Writers' Grotto is a fun and helpful tool.
With 642 prompts, I could start at the beginning of the book and decide to write one a day in order, which would be a wonderful way to ensure daily writing practice. for almost two years. Or I could use the method of opening the book at a random page and choosing a prompt.
These prompts are at times inspiring, funny, unusual, and soul-searching. They easily trigger answers or ideas, in my opinion. One of these prompts could even inspire a whole novel!
Here are some examples of the prompts found in "642 Things to Write about Me":
- Write about a time when you taught someone how to do something new
- Write about someone you feel like you should love, but you don't
- If you were attending a potluck dinner, what dish would you take along?
- Be your own psychic. Write a snapshot of your future
- Write about an evening at your home from the perspective of your cat
Each prompt is followed by empty space with lines for writing in this journal. There is no need for extra paper or another notebook, unless inspiration keeps the writing flowing much longer!