We are continuing the Read the World Summer Book Club. The book club is the brainchild of Sarah from Read Aloud Revival and Jamie from Simple Homeschool.
Each week for 8 weeks, we will read about a certain region of the world. The goal of the book club is super simple, to read one book about that region. There is a book that ties in with the whole experience called "Give Your Child the World", but I don't have it yet. For now, I look over the weekly post (check out the post on North America!) on Simple Homeschool. I then search our own bookshelves and the library!
Here are the books we read this past week:
- Hanging off Jefferson's Nose by Tina Nichols Coury
- America is Under Attack by Don Brown
- Shin-Chi's Canoe by Nicola I Campbell
- The Fantastic Ferris Wheel: the Story of Inventor George Ferris by Betsy Harvey Kraft
- Drum Dream Girl: How One Girl's Courage Changed Music by Margarita Engle
- B is for Beacon: a Great Lakes Lighthouse Alphabet by Helen L. Wilbur
- Tintin in America by Herge
- People by Peter Spier
We had fun with the stickers for the North America map in the Usborne Picture Atlas of the World.
For food, we made the Island Macaroni & Cheese from the Bahamas. Celeste didn't like that this dish included green peppers and onions, but my husband and I enjoyed the flavour of this dish!
Next week, we are reading about the Middle East.
Past Read the World Summer Book Club post: