#5 Cafe in Murray Harbour, Prince Edward Island






#5 Cafe in Murray Harbour, in the East part of Prince Edward Island, is a great little restaurant in a restored church. We stopped there for dinner last weekend, during our little road trip (see our stop at Cape Bear Lighthouse here). 

I had heard about this place through some friends and after doing a quick little look on their website, I knew I wanted to eat there. 

We had a fabulous experience. The inside of the church has been restored beautifully and the food was amazing. The goals of Chef Wade Little are to offer clean food at reasonable prices. 

We all agreed that we wanted to come back. Brunch in particular sounds like a great idea. I am happy to have found a second favourite place to stop by while exploring the island. If you are curious my first favourite is this one. 




As soon as I noticed the desserts, I knew I had to leave some room for at least one, so I ordered a mixed salad and the soup of the day which was a delicious ginger and carrot soup. Celeste had the beef chilli, Shawn had the Cajun chicken & brie. 





The cucumber soda was amazing. I need to find this for home! It was refreshing, with four simple ingredients, and sweetened with cane sugar. 





It was difficult to choose among all the desserts, but I settled on homemade rhubarb and strawberry ice cream, with fresh whipped cream. It was as deliciously yummy as it looks! 

They also make some chutneys and jams to take home. My husband picked up a jar of sweet beet and red onion chutney and loves it as a spread for his sandwich or on his burgers. 

The food was splendid, the chef and his team lovely, and all the art and little decorative details all around the cafe were great to discover. It was a great experience all around. We can't wait to go back!







If you are visiting the East part of Prince Edward Island, I highly recommend you include #5 Cafe , 5 Church Street in Murray Harbour in your adventures! 

Comments

Post a Comment