Back to The Splendid Sampler Project



The Splendid Sampler is a free 100 blocks project organized by Pat Sloan and Jane Davidson that started in this past February. I started quilting along with t this project shortly after, then put it aside for the summer. This week I started again! I made 3 blocks so far. There are different techniques through this project from applique to piecing to paper piecing. I decided to work on paper piecing blocks. It is a new skill for me. I actually did paper piecing for the first time because of the Splendid Sampler. I was really worried about it at first, but I jumped right in and once I was done, I realized it was not as difficult as I had thought it would be! 

Here are the three blocks I made this past week:

Block 58 "Homeward Bound" designed by Kelly Liddle




Block 39 "Balls In The Air" designed by Pat Sloan 




Block 54 "Shell" designed by Jane Davidson 




You can read more about The Splendid Sampler project, including all the instructions for the blocks so far here. If you like, you can see the rest of the blocks I have done  here. 

Comments