Connect with Nature ~ Book Review



Connect with Nature: Projects to Grow, Gather, Make and Do by Australian author Anna Carlile is filled with seasonal project ideas with instructions. Each project is related to nature and helps us slow down and reconnect with its beauty. 

All the projects are related to nature in some way, from things to grow and gather to crafts to experiences to try in nature. There are several recipes 

The Fall section was full of inspiration for me, like planting a native garden which led me to search which plants are native to Atlantic Canada that I could add to my garden. Photographing nature is something I love doing all year long and I loved the inspiring photo with quote. 



I learned more about scrumping and foraging. Preserving is also a great fall activity and Connect with Nature gives a great overall description of the basic method for jams, preserves and chutneys. 

I was inspired to try a few activities suggestions from the Fall section, like watching the sunset. I have admired the sunrise and sunset always, but this past week, I slowed down and chose to sit on some of the rocks by our city's waterfront. I simply watched as the sun went down over the harbour and it was amazing. 



Fall is an amazing time to photograph nature, especially the changes in colours of deciduous trees. I love taking photos of these vibrant colours.

I tried the Print Leaves project too. It was fun to go outside and choose a few leaves for this. I have a whole new appreciation of printmaking too! My leaves didn't turn out very pretty on paper because of my lack of knowledge but I could tell that with practice and maybe a proper ink brayer, my prints could improve...



Connect with Nature is a perfect inspiration source to connect with nature through each season. I will be keeping this book near our nature guides and will be choosing a project or two to do together or on my own each season! 



Connect with Nature: Projects to Grow, Gather, Make and Do can be found at:
Indigo.ca
Amazon.ca 

Disclosure: I received a copy of this book for review from Raincoast Books. All opinions expressed are completely honest and my own, based on my personal experience. Your experience may differ. 

Comments