My Everyday Life ~ Week Four & Five

Two weeks worth of "My Everyday Life"! 




After the last update, I started feeling a little more at ease with my new routine. I have come to the realization that as much as I love making things with fabric, it is probably not the right time for pursuing that passion of mine as a business. The time required for making things, quilting or sewing, is so big that I am finding I can't allocate enough time for it. Creativity for these types of projects is lacking as well and giving myself deadlines just kills any creativity I have. I am not one to let go of things and projects easily, so I haven't made the final decision yet but I can see it being the wiser choice, for now anyway. 




I still feel the need to be creative, it is a vital part of me. I decided a few weeks ago to participate in NaNoWriMo again, for the 5th time. I was reserved about this decision because since I couldn't find the time to sew, how could I find the time to write. But, so far, a week in, it has not been an issue. There isn't as much preparation for writing, for me at least. I sit down at the computer and simply write. 




I am writing a collection of short stories about my own life and so far, I haven't run out of things to say! It has been very therapeutic to put some of these words on paper. It feels like it is the right time for me. It also feels so good to be creative and to be writing again. That is definitely another one of my passions. 





The last two weeks were filled with working at my part time job, with last week being the most hours worked so far there (24 hours). I truly love working there and the rest of the team is awesome. I'm loving the walks back home after my shifts too. I am fortunate to have most of my evenings free to be with my children and the ability to taxi them wherever they need to go.




Halloween was so much fun. I dressed up as the Queen of Hearts at work. I had pulled all the pieces of my costume together from either found things or thrift shop. The skirt I found at the last minute at Repeats, a local thrift store. It was an XL and falling of me, but I was determined to alter it, even if I had never done that before! It turned out great and it was fun to dress up. It was also great to see so many customers in full costume during the day! 






Celeste and I carved pumpkins together. We did two, including the one that is being sick! It was a quiet halloween for me, as Celeste went out trick or treating with her school friends and Andre had a drivers class. I watched Ghostbusters (the original) while handing out candy. 




Andre has started to drive as well, so we enjoyed a Sunday drive at the PEI National Park last weekend. What an experience to see him in the driver's seat! 




We walked along the Bubbling Springs trail on Sunday, a lovely short trail that still had a little bit of fall colours. 



Charlottetown is beautiful in all seasons. This was last Saturday, down Victoria Row. 




I am trying to be mindful of eating at least 3 meals a day. Some days, especially when I am working, it is not easy...but breakfast is one meal I am usually very dedicated to, as you can see from the mosaic above! 

Have a great weekend! 

Comments

Post a Comment