My Everyday Life ~ January



January, first month of 2017 was filled with great moments! Here are the highlights. 

I started doing daily yoga again and added daily guidance cards. Both were a great routine that I enjoyed a lot. I continue to practice both and hope to keep at it all year long. 

I was super happy to get my very first pair of snowshoes in January! I had been wanting a pair since we moved to the island, almost five years ago. I went out a couple of times before the snow almost all melted. I went for the first time on the Brookvale snowshoe trails while Andre was attending his biathlon practice with the army cadets. I also snowshoed close to home. 




2017 is all about self care for me and having the courage to do what is right for me, so that includes a lot of yoga. I normally don't attend yoga classes outside of my own home practice with Yoga with Adriene. This year, I am trying to do that more often and I started with attending the Dragon Yoga Dance at Moksha Yoga. It was an hour and half class, a mix of Taoist movements and Yin yoga. It was an amazing experience! I loved it. 

Lots of yummy tea and delicious breakfasts in January too! 



Work was a little quieter this month but still great. I really enjoy my job and my walks home after my shifts! 



I tried to make time for reading in January too. I usually read while I am eating breakfast or at night in bed. I finished reading Heartless by Marissa Meyer. I loved reading The Vagina Chronicles by Eve Ensler as part of the Goodreads Our Shared Shelf book club. 





We went with friends to see La La Land. Celeste and I loved it. I've had the soundtrack playing on repeat almost daily. 



Comments